shabby

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wildfires.

Today was a longgggg day at work. Got lots done, learned a bunch, but a long day none the less. So, after work I decided to hit up the ConocoPhillips gym to burn off some steam before heading out. Our gym is right by our parking garage, and as you walk towards it there are lots of floor to ceiling windows. Most of these windows face the I-10 Eldridge exit, which on a normal day is quite an unimpressive view. Today though I was caught off-guard, for when I looked out the windows, I saw SMOKE. I thought, no way....I'm seeing things. I must be. Plus, I REALLY want to work out. So, I might as well go work out, and when I get back whatever nonsense I saw will be gone. Right? Right. Well it didn't take me long to get on a machine, turn on the news (or any channel for that matter), and notice the smoke was in fact for real. Wildfires in George Bush Park. Wow. So incredible close to work, to neighborhoods, to my friends HOMES. Needless to say, I didn't really finish my workout. 

We have all heard about all the wildfires out in in Austin and the surrounding areas. Even knowing soooo many people in Austin...it never really hit me how scary these things are. When I pulled out of the ConocoPhillips garage today, this is the image I saw.
 

Definitely not a sight I hope to see everyday. Absolutely insane. When you all go to bed tonight, say a lil prayer for the homes and businesses in the Katy area, and for all the people that have suffered already out near Austin. Can you even imagine? I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment